Tibi Neag - 3D Character Artist
Contact: neag.tibi at gmail.com
- ability to create in-game characters from scratch following concept art or art direction by following strict technical requirements
- good eye for character design
- proficient in modeling organic character elements and non-organic character elements
- proficient at high polygon sculpting
- proficient at texturing game characters
- ability to derive a well structured low-poly model from the high poly model
- ability to create efficient UV layouts for low-poly characters
- ability to learn/understand new techniques and software packages in a fast manner
- good understanding of human anatomy and representing anatomy in topology
- ability to create all needed textures for creating photorealistic looking humans
- ability to create game ready assets, that work well within given technical limitations
- adaptable to new technologies
- ability to creatively translate concepts and ideas into authentic characters
- keen eye for detail and realism
- positive, team-oriented attitude
- proactive, self-motivated, can work without direct supervision
ZBrush – proficient skills
3D Studio Max - proficient skills
Maya - proficient skills
Substance Painter - proficient skills
Photoshop - proficient skills
Unreal Engine 4 - proficient skills
Marmoset Toolbag - proficient skills
English C2 Level – Written, Spoken, Understanding
German B1 Level – Written, Spoken, Understanding
Romanian Native Level – Written, Spoken, Understanding
- Creating realistic, photo-real characters for AAA titles on multiple platforms that meet art direction requirements whilst adhering to any technical restrictions.
- Using production design art packs and concept art to create highly detailed character models.
- Defining optimal workflows for asset generation.
- High-end character modelling, sculpting and using PBR materials in Unreal Engine.
- Substance Painter
- Marvelous Designer
- Unreal Engine
- Creating the complete appearance of a game character at the quality required by the next-gen consoles market (Apple iPhone, Playstation 4, Nintendo Wii, XBOX One).
- Creating the textures, optimizing the geometry of the character, using the in-house tools to export and check the result in-game.
- Work process:
- Creating the high polygon character model using Zbrush
- Creating the low polygon character model in 3D Studio Max, optimizing the geometry for animation, unwrapping the low poly character model
- Baking additional texture maps in Substance Painter
- Creating the final textures in Substance Painter and Photoshop
- Testing the final result in the proprietary game engine
- Software used on a daily basis: Zbrush, 3D Studio Max, Substance Painter, Photoshop, Xnormal, Polyunwrapper, Marmoset Toolbag, Bitmap2Material
- self-taught 3D Character Artist
- proficient in: Zbrush, 3D Studio Max, Maya, Marvelous Designer, Substance Painter, Photoshop, Marmoset Toolbag, Unreal Engine, V-Ray, Keyshot.
- worked on a variety of projects, from illustrations to 3D game characters to 3D print ready models
- Modeling complex Steelcase products (low-poly & high-poly) that closely follow advanced Pro Engineer CAD models using 3DS Max with the following techniques: poly modeling, sub-division modeling, retopology using the Graphite Modeling tools
- Modeling, UVW mapping and texturing low-poly Steelcase assets for the Unity platform
- Rendering Steelcase high-poly products using V-Ray 3.0 for different uses: beauty renders, 360 viewer renders, close-up & detail renders
- Creating complex V-Ray materials with a high degree of realism as requested by the corporate standard